Cut your fleet operating and fuel costs substantially by converting your existing fleet vehicles to autogas. Autogas costs on average at least $1.50 less per gallon than gasoline, and the implementation costs are significantly less than for other alternative fuel options.
Historically, propane autogas is cheaper than gasoline or diesel and is more insulated from the price spikes conventional fuels experience.
Click here to calculate your fuel cost savings.
Because autogas has a higher octane rating and burns cleaner than gasoline, autogas-powered vehicles experience:
- Less-frequent oil changes
- Increased engine life
- Lowered associated vehicle downtime
In addition to the fuel cost savings, autogas conversions may help you save even more:
- Potential for state, municipal, and federal grants and tax incentives
- Aftermarket conversion means companies can run their existing fleet on propane autogas without the costly expense of a new vehicle purchase
Autogas – the Affordable Alternative Fuel
The cost of conversion is dependent upon the type of vehicle being converted (car, van, or truck) and the number of vehicles in the fleet. Through Blue Star Gas’ partnership with Alliance AutoGas, gasoline-to-autogas conversion costs approximately $5,800.00 per vehicle.
Converting a vehicle to run on propane autogas is much less expensive than other alternative fuel conversions or the purchase of a new hybrid or alternative fuel vehicle.
Because propane requires a lower storage pressure than CNG:
- The cost of infrastructure implementation is lower; 15 autogas stations can be built for the price of one CNG station.
- Tank size within a vehicle can be much smaller; so, autogas vehicles achieve 85% of the range of gasoline vehicles, while CNG vehicles get less than half the range of gasoline vehicles.
Also, check out the Autogas for America Fact Brief, which compares autogas and CNG, at Cost Analysis of Natural Gas Vehicles and Fueling Infrastructure
Source: Alliance AutoGas. Lower Fuel Costs. Retrieved January 6, 2014 from the Alliance AutoGas website: http://www.allianceautogas.com/lower-fuel-costs/