Adopting an alternative fuel shouldn’t be a hassle. When Blue Star Gas converts a vehicle fleet to operate on propane autogas, we provide complete training and onsite autogas fueling at your fleet base at no upfront cost to your organization. An onsite autogas fueling station makes the transition to autogas a seamless process for you and your drivers.
Autogas fueling is easy with no-spill dispensing equipment that operates similar to a gasoline fuel pump. Blue Star Gas keeps your fleet up and running on autogas with a guaranteed year-round fuel supply from our experienced fueling network. That means fueling your vehicles at your fleet base and saving more than $1.35 per gallon compared to gasoline.
The Blue Star Gas fueling network is constantly expanding. We are committed to delivering our complete program to fleets throughout the Pacific Northwest and beyond.
Our fleet fueling solution includes:
- Spill-free, zero-emission fueling station at fleet base
- No implementation cost for fleets
- Initial training for fleet drivers/operators
- Ongoing training and technical support
Our relationship is just beginning the day you convert your fleet vehicles to run on autogas. We’ll provide an autogas education for your in-house technicians, drivers, and anyone else in your organization. Beyond basic training, our program provides the technical, safety, and ongoing support fleet customers need to be successful.
Blue Star Gas provides all the expert training fleets need:
- Operational training for drivers and other personnel
- Autogas safety training for operators, drivers, technicians, and other personnel
- Autogas fueling training for drivers and other personnel
- Any necessary maintenance training
- For larger fleets, Blue Star Gas certified conversion technicians can also train your mechanical team to perform in-house conversions
A Safe Fuel
Autogas is a safe, proven and reliable fuel. Thousands of school buses and taxicabs across the U.S. are already safely fueled by autogas, partly because autogas is intrinsically safer than many other fuels.
- Alliance AutoGas tanks are 20 times more puncture-resistant and can withstand 4 times the pressure when compared to conventional gasoline vehicle fuel tanks.
- The lower pressure required for storage makes autogas safer to maintain than CNG.
- Autogas vehicle tanks are constructed from carbon steel under code developed by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Properly installed autogas vehicle fuel tanks can actually add to the structural integrity of a vehicle.
Additional Safety Features
- It has a lower flammability range than conventional gasoline, decreasing the probability of accidental combustion.
- The onsite autogas fueling station has a lock-off valve that automatically shuts off the flow of propane autogas at the tank if any pressure drop is detected anywhere throughout the system.
- Unlike gasoline, diesel, methanol, and ethanol, autogas is nontoxic, nonpoisonous, and insoluble in water.
- Should a rare accidental release of autogas occur, it would dissipate into the atmosphere with no harmful contaminants released into the air, soil, or water.
Source: Alliance AutoGas. Autogas Fueling and Training and Safety. Retrieved January 6, 2014 from the Alliance AutoGas website: http://www.allianceautogas.com