e-lert is a remote tank monitoring system that automatically records the level of propane in your tank and then transmits the data to the Blue Star Gas data center. E-lert represents a major advancement in customer service and provides you with the security of knowing you’ll never run out of gas.
Automatic Propane Refills with Remote Tank Monitoring
FREE Remote Tank Monitoring with Blue Star Gas
As a valued Blue Star Gas customer, we want to make sure you always have the propane you need so we provide and install the remote propane tank monitor free of charge.
Installing the e-lert gateway module into your home is as simple as installing an answering machine and the calls it makes automatically into e-lert are toll-free.
Remote Propane Tank Monitor Benefits
There are many benefits to installing the e-lert system, including:
- Ensuring you don’t run out of fuel. By monitoring your tank level daily, Blue Star Gas knows how much fuel is in your tank.
- Preventing misuse of your fuel. An unusual usage alert can indicate a potential equipment or usage problem. Blue Star Gas will be alerted if your tank has a 10% fuel level change between 1 hour periods.
- Reducing visits from Blue Star Gas delivery trucks. Installing e-lert monitors allows Blue Star Gas to schedule deliveries more efficiently, reduce the number of customer visits, and improve our customer service.
How does e-lert work?
The e-lert gateway is plugged into the phone or wall phone jack using the telephone cord that is supplied.* The e-lert monitor is strapped to the propane tank and connected to the gauge sensor that is mounted under the existing gauge dial. It reads the tank fuel level, outdoor temperature at the tank, and battery level, and does a functional check every half hour. E-lert also reports unusual usage patterns, battery problems, normal fuel level, and outside temperature to Blue Star Gas’ data center.
E-lert reports fuel level and temperature readings to the Blue Star Gas data center between 12AM and 7AM. If the line is busy, e-lert will delay a connection attempt for 10 minutes. If e-lert is connected and someone attempts to use the phone, the connection will be terminated and a dial tone will be available.
More about the e-lert tank monitoring system:
- It is UL-certified intrinsically safe for propane use.
- It is powered by a solar cell/capacitor/rechargeable battery.
- E-lert communicates over the 900MHz band (similar to a cordless phone) to the reporting module installed in the home or business.
- The e-lert gateway displays tank level, outside temperature, and time.
- E-lert has a range of about 900 feet that varies depending on the installation locations of the e-lert monitor and e-lert gateway.
If you believe you’ll need assistance installing the e-lert gateway module in your home, please contact your local Blue Star Gas office.
*E-lert may not be available to all customers. Certain equipment and phone restrictions may apply.